P&ID - Can be read better

Hi my name is Viktor,

i have many years of experience in the automotive industry. Even when reading and creating drawings. What is common with all CAD drawings is a grid that offers quick orientation. Usually on the sides A-Z and above and below the numbers 1 - n.

Perhaps this would also be a good solution for the P & IDs.

2 Likes

Hi Viktor,

My name is Ger and I’m undertaking the Validation level 7 and would be happy to help out with the reading of P&ID’s. They don’t follow the grid referencing you mention as the P&IDs are process flow diagrams that show the piping and process flow details, but are not drawn to scale. To help read the layouts the pipework typically have line numbers which provide a reference to the size, ID number, type of utility and type of insulation and this line number is key to the traceability of the pipework and the materials of construction used.
Components in the field have a unique tag ID (etched metal tags) which are traceable to the P&ID and the design documents again providing traceability to identify the materials of construction. ASME BPE are a set of design and reference standards that are widely used in the industry for pipework, components. The key message is the P&ID is a map of the process that shows the pipework and components, with some key process requirements it shows the line number and Tag ID’s so that each part is traceable to ensure its fit for its intend purpose.
P&IDs are a big topic, so I’m happy to share my experience, so drop in and out of the forum if you have questions.

Regards and happy Friday

Ger Curtis

Hope this helps

2 Likes

hi Viktor- i have a few question according P&ID, would you like to help me ?

Hello Barbara,

this is no problem.

ask anything.

Best regards
Viktor

thanks so much , can I email to you, give me yours email , it will be easier

use poly7164
at gmail

it is poly7164@gmail.com ?

Yes, i hope my version was good for you